Rice Flours, Glutinous Rice and Rice Bran
PGP International offers a wide variety of Rice Flours, Rice Meals, Glutinous (Sweet) Rice and Rice Bran. Our flours and meals are made from different varieties of rice and are available in a wide range of different particle sizes. Our capabilities range from very coarse particle size to very fine.
We produce a wide range of gluten-free rice flours, rice meals, glutinous rice and rice bran for our domestic and international markets. Our product line also includes organic rice flours and rice meals, which are organic certified through Quality Assurance International (QAI).
Our products are designed for use in applications such as bakery mixes, cereals and energy and nutritional bars. They can be made from different rice varieties and produced in different particle sizes, from very fine to very coarse.
We’re certified by the Gluten Free Certification Organisation (GFCO) and our gluten-free products contain less than or equal to 10 ppm gluten, which is half the stringent FDA standards. Our facility also undergoes strict third party audits to ensure that our processing, sanitation and storage conditions are gluten-free.
Rice Flours and Rice Meals
Our rice flours and rice meals are made exclusively from California medium grain white and brown rice. Our medium and long grain rice flours, and white and brown rice meals are also available in organic versions.
These products are made from different varieties of rice and are available in different particle sizes – from very fine (95% pass through a US 325 mesh screen 43 micron opening) to very coarse (US 16 mesh screen, 1190 micron opening).
Medium grain rice flours and meals:
- Easy to cook and ideal for breads, bakery foods and traditional rice crackers
- Gluten-free – GFCO, less than 10 ppm
- Extended shelf life
- Grown primarily in California
- Non GMO
- Very specific functionality based on the amylose to amylopectin starch composition ratio
Medium grain brown rice flours and meals:
- Nut like flavour containing enhanced levels of fibre, vitamins, minerals and natural antioxidants from the rice bran and germ
- Provide an excellent opportunity to introduce whole grain products for the health food market
Glutinous Rice and Glutinous Rice Flours
We are one of the largest producers of glutinous (sweet) short grain rice, which is produced at our specially designed mill to guarantee the highest quality. Our rice is grown from a special variety of Cal Mochi 101 certified glutinous rice seed and distributed to our contracted farmers to ensure its purity.
The rice, which is also known as sweet rice, sticky rice or Mochi rice, is ideal for frozen foods, soups, sauces, gravies, baby foods, custards and puddings.
Our glutinous rice flours have a number of unique properties:
- Excellent freeze/thaw stability and good resistance to liquid separation, making it the perfect choice for frozen foods
- Excellent stabiliser and thickener capabilities
- Process stable in canning and freezing processes
- Provides optimum expansion and more porous texture in baked and extruded products
- Reduces chip and snack hardness and resists breakage during packaging
Rice Flour Premixes (Cake Mix) for Japan
We have been a major exporter of rice flour premixes to Japan since the 1980s and we’re currently the biggest US exporter of rice flour blends to the country.
We blend high quality Mochi or Uruchi rice flour with sugar or modified starch to make our premixes. Our rice flours are made exclusively with California medium grain and glutinous rice varieties. Premixes can be used in a range of traditional Japanese applications, such as Wagashi, Senbei, Arare, Kashiwa Mochi, and Kiri Mochi.
All our premixes are made from non GMO rice and have been designed to meet the rigorous quality standards, rules and regulations set by MHLW in Japan.
Our stabilised rice bran products are ideal for the baked goods, cereal and health bar sectors. They are all natural, hypoallergenic, high in dietary fibre and minerals, and rich in antioxidants.
They can be used in a wide range of products, such as:
- Hot and cold breakfast cereals
- Baked or extruded snacks,
- Baking mixes
- Breads and other bakery products
- Batters and breadings
- Vitamin concentrates
- Health and natural foods