Health, Safety and Environment
ABF Ingredients is committed to conducting its business in a manner, which complies with country specific and other relevant local legislation, minimises adverse effects upon the environment and protects the health, safety and welfare of our employees and others affected by our activities.
Global Statement of Intent
ABF Ingredients (ABFI) is a division of Associated British Foods, comprising of a global community of specialty ingredient companies operating under their own identities.
Our goal is to achieve excellence across all aspects of our business operations - that vision and commitment extends to protecting our employees, customers and any other stakeholders who could be impacted by our business’ activities, limiting our environmental footprint and acting consistently as a responsible citizen in the communities we operate.
We consider the effective prevention and management of safety, health, and environment risks to be of equal importance to all other business activities we are engaged in. ABFI will meet its responsibilities as a global employer by:
- Providing safety, health and environmental leadership and direction throughout its global business operations in all the ABFI companies.
- Ensuring all its companies develop and implement safety, health, and environmental management systems that are communicated to all employees and relevant stakeholders, implemented with discipline and are subject to continual review.
- Monitoring safety, health, and environmental performance using both active and reactive indicators and providing support and guidance as necessary.
- Ensuring sufficient resources for safety, health and environmental management are allocated throughout the businesses to effectively manage risk.
- Supporting all ABFI businesses by the setting of tangible goals as well as individual or collective programs designed to recognize positive performance or efforts.
- Ensuring that this global statement of intent is executed upon and kept under continual review.
ABFI expects all its companies to fully co-operate in the implementation of the above and in particular:
- Ensure that policies and arrangements are in place for the systematic management of safety, health, and environmental risks, so those risks can be effectively prevented, addressed and controlled.
- Ensure that each specific company policies and arrangements take into account the “Plan, Do, Check, Act” model for occupational health, safety and environmental management and, as a minimum, meet the objectives of management systems standards; OHSAS ISO 45001, ILO-OSH 2001 and ISO 14000.
- Ensure that all their systems and procedures address: leadership, employee engagement, consultation, communication, training and recognition.
- Ensure that organizational arrangements for health, safety and environmental management comply with any national laws, applicable guidance and local culture.
Chief Executive Officer