Transportation CoordinatorWoodland, CA
PGP is nestled in the heart of Yolo County in beautiful northern California, to the West of the Sacramento River, 45 minutes from the amazing wine country in Napa Valley, 1.5 hours from beautiful Lake Tahoe to the east and San Francisco to the west. Just north of this area are multiple lakes and mountains, all attractive for outdoor activities.
PGP International (PGP), a leading manufacturer of high-quality food ingredients for nutritional food products is seeking an extraordinary individual to work out of our Woodland, CA facility. We specialize in high protein soy crisps, rice flours and blends, and gluten-free products for the Cereal, Energy and Nutritional Bar industry, both domestically and internationally.
Since its establishment as an ABF Ingredients Company in 2002, PGP has continually expanded and has experienced successful growth in recent years. PGP has been awarded Good Manufacturing Practices for Sport Registration from NSF International. Our commitment to quality and service is backed by an ongoing investment in equipment upgrades and enhanced quality assurance measures, including the implementation of the most stringent food safety procedures.
The employee holding the Transportation Coordinator position is responsible for the coordination and organization of the company logistics. The ideal candidate should be dependable, customer service focused, and great interpersonal skills.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate shipping and delivery schedules for internal fleet and/or timing of external truck transportation
- Monitor weight of trucks for delivery, while maximizing trailer and carton cube utilization
- Ensure proper documentation is obtained and retained
- Review bills of lading for product and ensures freight costs are applied and entered
- Track and monitor incoming and outgoing transportation performance, ensuring carrier compliance to company standards
- Updates transportation report, communicates information to appropriate stakeholders, and responds to inquiries regarding report and tracking information
- Handle customer inquiries, order changes, and product returns
- Maintain current knowledge of transportation operations, including county, state, and federal transportation regulations
- Provide service to internal and external customers in a timely manner
- Prepare reports for internal and external customers
- Research new transportation carriers and negotiate freight rates
- Build relationships with major freight carriers and maintain positive and effective communication
- Schedule and arrange outbound prepaid orders
- Review and approve freight bills to submit to finance team
- Maintain a neat, organized, and safe work environment
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to speak, write and read the English language.
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects as well as work in a team.
- Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
- Great customer service skills and able to communicate at all levels of the business
- Ability to work in an environment is hot, cold, dusty and loud
- Ability to use standard office equipment
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment on the manufacturing floor (hearing protection, hard hat, safety glasses, beard/hair nets, steel toed shoes).
- Must be able to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk and hear.
- Must be able to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience in a transportation, dispatch, or similar role
- Minimum 1 year experience working directly with internal and external customers
- Minimum 1 year working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX, or other ERP system
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associates of Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, or a related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a transportation, dispatch, or similar role
- Minimum 2 years working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX, or other ERP system
- Bilingual in Spanish is strongly desired
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life (no waiting period)
- 401k retirement plan with a company match (no waiting period)
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account/Healthcare Savings Account
- Dependent Care Spending
- Voluntary Term Life and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Programs
- 18 days Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please click here to apply.