Shift Production ManagerWoodland, CA
How would you like to work in a metropolitan area with a small town feel?
PGP is nestled in the heart of Yolo County in beautiful northern California, to the East of the Sacramento River, 45 minutes from the amazing wine country in Napa Valley, 1.5 hours from beautiful Lake Tahoe to the east and San Francisco to the west. Just north of this area are multiple lakes and mountains, all attractive for outdoor activities.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who will be responsible for the leadership and oversight of production activities including unloading, batching, extrusion, and packaging of nutritional crisps and specialty granulate products. Must have a focus on production in a cost effective manner while meeting or exceeding quality standards. This position will be accountable for maintaining and promoting a safe work environment, meeting production schedules and objectives, and maintaining high sanitation and GMP standards. The position has a team of process technicians and operators as direct reports that will support in meeting these objectives. The shift production manager is responsible for the entire facility and site while on shift.
This position will report to the Woodland Site Manager and will be located in Woodland, CA.
PGP International (PGP), a leading manufacturer of high-quality food ingredients for nutritional food products is seeking an extraordinary individual to work out of our Woodland, CA facility. We specialize in high protein soy crisps, rice flours and blends, and gluten-free products for the Cereal, Energy and Nutritional Bar industry, both domestically and internationally.
Since its establishment as an ABF Ingredients Company in 2002, PGP has continually expanded and has experienced successful growth in recent years. PGP has been awarded Good Manufacturing Practices for Sport Registration from NSF International. Our commitment to quality and service is backed by an ongoing investment in equipment upgrades and enhanced quality assurance measures, including the implementation of the most stringent food safety procedures.
Click here to find out more about our Certifications and Affiliations!
- Safety: Perform required safety audits, Safety training, incident investigations and participate on Safety teams. Assure conformance to PGPI’s safety standards through leadership by example.
- Production: Interacts with Management, Maintenance, Team Members, regarding production matters and lead problem solving process. Responsible for effective raw and packaging material utilization. Accountable for the timely and accurate reporting of finished production and raw material usage to assure the integrity of Inventory Control. Coordinates resources and team staffing to assure production schedule is executed effectively. Communicates causes and effect of schedule deviations or variances.
- Personnel Management: Follow and enforce all PGPI policies and procedures. Lead, coach, mentor including performance management activities of direct reports. Assures that team is trained and performs established production practices and quality checks. Promotes and coordinates the cross-training of Associates to assure a versatile cross-functional team.
- Process Improvement: Provide leadership and support of the PGPI continuous improvement and cost saving Initiatives by providing leadership in Team Management and PGPI initiatives.
- Monitor production staff for adherence to Food Safety Programs (Kosher, GFCO (Gluten-Free), Organic, Non-GMO, etc.). Ensure handling and storage per program requirements are followed.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Participate in achieving positive results in all KPI’s for the site and business
- Participate and support safety programs
- Responsible for core values, safety, people, rate, quality, yield and cost objectives
Shift Production Management:
- Executing against the production schedule to demand
- Analyze daily/weekly/monthly performance against standard. Identify areas for improvement and develop and execute plan to address gaps
- Manage all documentation to 100% accuracy
- Make and execute recommendations to correct deficiencies or enhance current operations.
- Assure appropriate usage of raw and packaging materials
- Provide training and support to team members in order to meet all business standards
- Manage direct and indirect labor to achieve department labor goals
- Participate and promote waste reduction and yield improvement initiatives
- Work to achieve ZERO workplace incidents and injuries
- Promote safety throughout the workplace
- Conduct safety related audits, risk assessments, and any other safety related improvements
- Participate and promote safety programs such as STOP, safety audits, safety trainings, etc. for a 100% participation
- Complete work permits and/or safety checks for contractors or temporary employees
- Assist and support all environmental initiatives
Quality Food Safety
- Enforce GMP’s in the workplace
- Manage production activities to achieve the quality standards for products. Monitor and review all production records
- Participate in Food Safety Audits and resolution of deficiencies.
- Support all customer and regulatory audits (BRC, FDA, etc)
- Assist in the monitoring and disposition of rework product in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintain best practices in housekeeping and ensure team executes against Master Sanitation Schedule
- Monitor documentation for accuracy
- Ensure traceability of materials through ensuring accurate production records
- Assist in cycle counting and inventory reconciliation throughout the year
- Manage the personnel schedule to fulfill production schedules
- Manage employee time through Paylocity for accuracy
- Monitor employee performance in accordance to the employee manual
- Interview and recommend new hires
- Review and document regular performance reviews for direct reports
- Support all training functions for improved employee performance
- Review processes for improvements and implement improvements for safety, quality, yields, efficiencies, and waste reductions
- Assist in capital expenditure projects as required
- 2+ years supervisory or shift production management experience in a manufacturing environment (food or pharmaceutical manufacturing preferred) and/or college degree in Engineering, Food Science, Operations Management or related degree
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office Software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) – advanced Excel knowledge preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate across the all levels of an organization
- Must have analytical skills, good judgement, and demonstrated decision making skills
- Able to work 12 hour rotating shifts
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life (no waiting period)
- 401k retirement plan with a company match (no waiting period)
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending
- Voluntary Term Life and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Programs
- 18 days Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that embraces a healthy diversity of backgrounds, ideas, and perspectives.