Sales Manager – BU ExtrusionRemote Position
PGP International (PGP), a leading manufacturer of high-quality food ingredients for nutritional food products is seeking an extraordinary individual to work out of our Woodland, CA facility. We specialize in high protein soy crisps, rice flours and blends, and gluten-free products for the Cereal, Energy and Nutritional Bar industry, both domestically and internationally.
Since its establishment as an ABF Ingredients Company in 2002, PGP has continually expanded and has experienced successful growth in recent years. PGP has been awarded Good Manufacturing Practices for Sport Registration from NSF International. Our commitment to quality and service is backed by an ongoing investment in equipment upgrades and enhanced quality assurance measures, including the implementation of the most stringent food safety procedures.
The individual in this position is responsible for directing sales activities within a specified region/geographic territory and designated accounts to maximize volume and revenue. Sales activity will focus on business maintenance and growth with current customer base and new target accounts primarily through direct customer contact. Customer contact will primarily focus on R&D, procurement, manufacturing, and marketing disciplines. Additionally, the position directs activity for designated brokers and special market distributors to achieve regional fiscal budget.
Key to business growth, the position identifies new business opportunity and directs the coordinated team effort through the use of PGP and ABF Ingredients Group’s resources. Resources to develop and assist in closure are Technical Service, Customer Service, Business Development, Operations, Credit, Accounting, IS, Quality Assurance and Executive Management.
- Knowledge of PGP product lines, sales & marketing strategies for food and nutritional ingredients and services, tech services applications and product development capabilities, customer requirements, and involvement in trade affiliations such as IFT, NCA, AACT, AACC, etc.
- Ensure smooth and timely progress on projects to meet/exceed sales objectives.
- Expand customer base and develop new relationships for future growth objectives.
- Bridge gaps with business issues, identify new opportunities and grow sales dollars and volume according to plan and to meet budget.
- Provide detailed sales forecasts for budget preparation and quarterly forecasts.
- Understand the plans and results expected for the region, while contributing insights to business planning, and offer contingency plans and alternative strategies as needed to meet sales objectives.
- Utilize CRM for writing up weekly call reports and adding or updating the project portfolio.
- Monthly review and update of forecast (more frequent if needed/requested).
- Ensure proper resolution and communication of same to protect current business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Business or similar degree.
- Minimum 5 years technical sales experience in food ingredients. Specific experience in the USA and Canadian bar manufacturing industry.
- Strategic selling training and experience.
- National account experience preferred.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills.
- Strong PC and Microsoft Office skills are a must, including Windows XP, SYSPRO/CRM and/or other office/sales or marketing tools.
- Excellent communication skills including oral and written.
- Must be able to work independently and able to manage multiple priorities.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life (no waiting period)
- 401k retirement plan with a company match (no waiting period)
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account/Healthcare Savings Account
- Dependent Care Spending
- Voluntary Term Life and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Programs
- 18 days Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays