Purchasing Coordinator - IndirectWoodland, CA
PGP International, an ABF Ingredients Company, is seeking a Purchasing Coordinator who wants to make a positive difference as we continue to grow! The successful candidate will become part of our Purchasing Team based in Woodland, CA and will have responsibilities that are primarily in support of the Woodland site, but will involve some wider business responsibilities as well.
The primary duties will involve leading the sourcing and purchasing efforts for all maintenance, operating supplies, facility services and Capex equipment requirements for the Woodland manufacturing plant. The role may also be required to support and assist in the procurement of indirect items for the Evansville, IN site or for the procurement of Ingredients and Packaging items on an “as-needed” basis, to provide holiday/vacation coverage as appropriate. This role may expand into other areas of procurement in the future to support the overall business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage sourcing/purchasing for Maintenance requirements, Operating supplies, Facility Services and Capital Equipment expenditures, including working with the Maintenance Planner, Operations, Logistics and Quality Assurance plant resources to identify specifications, negotiating terms and pricing, delivery and quality.
- Execute purchase orders in ERP system for goods and services, expedite orders where needed, and follow up on open orders. Communicate with Maintenance and Operations as to status of orders.
- Review orders for completeness, accuracy and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate delivery of orders with suppliers or with internal logistics to meet required delivery dates.
- Assist site service owners in developing and updating Scope of Work definitions for site services.
- Lead efforts with Indirect Service Providers for Woodland Plant including defining potential sources and understanding Supplier capabilities, approving sources with appropriate functions within the business, developing and implementing contracts where appropriate, and leading communication with suppliers.
- Develop and manage the RFP/RFI process for indirect items & services, including summarizing RFP results and recommending vendor decisions to leadership and internal stakeholders.
- Interface between Operations/Maintenance, Logistics, and Engineering and suppliers to resolve quality, delivery and other issues and work towards continual improvement. Maintain open and timely communication with Internal customers on the status of orders and potential issues.
- Attend meetings as required to support project needs and all indirect supplier goods & services.
- Maintain master data for items & suppliers within the ERP system, including lead times, economic order quantity, stock levels, etc. using data generated on an ongoing basis.
- Define and Manage optimal inventory levels of stocked items to optimize support of the operation while factoring in demand, shelf-life and other factors.
- Works with the Director of Procurement to reinforce current Purchasing policies and procedures and define and implement new policies or improved policies where needed.
- Learn to recognize and evaluate market and economic conditions and make recommendations to leadership on procurement matters accordingly.
- Maintain organized files for suppliers, products and items and retain product information files.
- Foster a continuous improvement focus, striving to improve operations, improve work processes and provide excellent customer service and cooperation to internal customers.
- Understands PGP safety rules and policies and works to support and improve our safety performance through their work.
- Promptly reports safety or quality issues that need attention.
- Performs other tasks and assignments as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain, Engineering, or related field preferred. Equivalent significant experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 2-4 years in Purchasing/Inventory Control/Planning processes or systems in a production environment, preferably in Food production
- Institute for Supply Management C.P.M. or CPSM certification preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop positive and professional relationships with Suppliers and Internal Customers
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as specifications, scopes of work, operating and maintenance instructions, drawings, product designs and procedure manuals.
- Strong mathematical and analytical capability to accurately evaluate and summarize data.
- Ability to plan and prioritize work, and write routine business correspondence and reports.
- Communication skills to present information and respond to inquiries from internal customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Ability to establish and manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to learn new processes, concepts, etc. quickly.
- An ability to challenge current work processes and norms and seek improved ways to serve our business for improved business results.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience in ERP systems a plus.
- A strong team work ethic demonstrated by providing proactive support and assistance to colleagues.
- Position may require some travel, less than 10%.
For further information please contact: HR Manager, Beth Krodel at 530-631-5786 or [email protected].