Process Operator LogisticsOwensboro, Kentucky
Are you interested in working for a company that is innovative, a market leader and has a proven record of quality?
PGP International rice based product offerings range from flour and specialty flour blends, to a wide variety of extruded ingredients including plant proteins. We are a market leader in exporting specialty rice flour blends to the Pacific Rim, and a leading medium grain and glutinous rice flour and extruded ingredient manufacturer domestically. As part of ABF Ingredients, a division of Associated British Foods plc, we have the advantage of cooperative efforts with other ABF Ingredients companies and the ability to reach across the world to provide a broad spectrum of products for your specific needs. Let us know if we can be of any assistance in directing you to the key contacts within ABF Ingredients.
The Logistics Operator daily function shall be to coordinate traffic, scheduling, safety, load outbound trucks and record shipment data, dispatch information, unload inbound trucks and receive raw materials in ERP, receive LTL shipments through the ERP system, safety meetings, comply with monthly paired audits, request requisitions using syspro system. The Logistic Operator role will have significant levels of autonomy to make decisions and solve problems around the logistic process.
The job assignment currently will be in an Owensboro, Kentucky location. This position reports to our Logistics Lead.
Please apply no later than 3/30/18 for consideration.
- Ability to use forklift for loading and unloading raw material and finished product
- Capable of using our ERP computer systems
- Understanding of process flow in warehouse layout.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must enjoy working in a warehouse environment
- Potential for lone work the majority of the time
- Responsible for day to day organization, security, housekeeping, and food safety of the PGP Owensboro warehouse location
- Willing to comply with lone worker technology that may be used to ensure employee safety and security during lone work (ie cameras, movement monitoring devices, badge in/out systems, etc.)
- Responsible for accurate stock counts of materials and products within the Owensboro location
- Willing to temporarily work as needed at the Evansville, IN PGP location including logistics work and attending meetings as required
- Responsible for working safely to ensure ZERO injuries or major incidents to themselves or others complying with all safety policies and procedures.
- To stop receiving or shipping where people and/or food safety are at risk.
- Perform safety audits as required to ensure continuous improvement around safety.
- Take action to correct any problems or discrepancies.
- To safely ship the highest quality product within specifications.
- Complete all Quality documentation
- Lead in developing, writing, reviewing, and using Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for areas of responsibility or knowledge.
- Enforce that activities meet Food safety, quality, and legality in the workplace.