Maintenance TechnicianEvansville, IN
Are you interested in working for a company that is innovative, a market leader and has a proven record of quality?
PGP International rice based product offerings range from flour and specialty flour blends, to a wide variety of extruded ingredients including plant proteins. We are a market leader in exporting specialty rice flour blends to the Pacific Rim, and a leading medium grain and glutinous rice flour and extruded ingredient manufacturer domestically. As part of ABF Ingredients, a division of Associated British Foods plc, we have the advantage of cooperative efforts with other ABF Ingredients companies and the ability to reach across the world to provide a broad spectrum of products for your specific needs. Let us know if we can be of any assistance in directing you to the key contacts within ABF Ingredients.
We are seeking an individual with an Associates Electrical Engineering or Technology degree or higher or advanced electrical technology training and knowledge of food processing and packaging equipment, including automation components such as programmable logic controllers, actuators, sensors, control panels, etc. Strong mechanical ability is required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Modify/fabricate equipment to maintain and improve the production process.
- Maintain building facilities.
- Installation of new equipment to improve current production processes
- Maintain the facility and equipment to ensure maximum reliability
- Will perform a variety of electrical trade functions in accordance with local and national electrical codes.
- Will install, troubleshoot and repair any electrical or mechanical system as required.
- Will be required to troubleshoot and repair all processing and packing equipment as well as all plant mechanical equipment, pneumatic, hydraulic, steam, water and waste systems.
- May use a variety of machinist’s hand tools, precision hand tools and measuring instruments used for setting up and operating automatic and manual machine shop equipment.
- Maintain aseptic readiness of equipment and surrounding area.
- Operates, maintains, cleans, adjusts, and performs routine maintenance including lubrication, PM’s, painting and changeover assistance as required.
- Perform planned PM's, maintenance inspections/repairs as required.
- Must maintain accurate maintenance, production, quality and operational records as required.
- May develop, write and maintain JSAs, LOTO, PMs and WOs for both electrical and mechanical equipment using the facility’s computer systems.
- Will schedule, plan materials, tools, etc. for PMs and WOs utilizing the facility’s system.
- May perform quality and sensory tests as required for production.
- Must understand the operation and capabilities of all operational equipment for the purpose of troubleshooting and relieving other operators.
- May be required to attend and train the Trainer Program to become certified and be an internal training resource.
- Will be required to perform other general duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Will support and may supervise other Maintenance Specialists and/or other maintenance crafts as required.
- Work days may include weekends.
- May be required to work off shifts and overtime as needed.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Must possess strong knowledge in electrical and mechanical systems.
- Will be capable of reading, interpreting, and applying such understanding of electrical/mechanical blueprints and drawings.
- Should have a working knowledge of common metal properties and selection of proper standard materials for replacement parts for all plant equipment.
- Welding experience a plus.
- Will possess ability to communicate with Service Technicians, Contractors, R&D, Quality, and Engineering.
- Will interact with vendors and suppliers and transfer that knowledge on to peers, operators, and into formal documentation.
- Will be or become forklift certified.