Maintenance MechanicWoodland, CA
How would you like to work in a metropolitan area with a small town feel?
PGP is nestled in the heart of Yolo County in beautiful northern California, to the West of the Sacramento River, 45 minutes from the amazing wine country in Napa Valley, 1.5 hours from beautiful Lake Tahoe to the east and San Francisco to the west. Just north of this area are multiple lakes and mountains, all attractive for outdoor activities.
PGP International (PGP), a leading manufacturer of high-quality food ingredients for nutritional food products is seeking an extraordinary individual to work out of our Woodland, CA facility. We specialize in high protein soy crisps, rice flours and blends, and gluten-free products for the Cereal, Energy and Nutritional Bar industry, both domestically and internationally.
Since its establishment as an ABF Ingredients Company in 2002, PGP has continually expanded and has experienced successful growth in recent years. PGP has been awarded Good Manufacturing Practices for Sport Registration from NSF International. Our commitment to quality and service is backed by an ongoing investment in equipment upgrades and enhanced quality assurance measures, including the implementation of the most stringent food safety procedures.
Performs a wide variety of mechanical maintenance and repair of production equipment and machinery using a variety of hand, gas and electrical powered tools. Engages in the welding and fabrication of parts as required. Responds to emergency calls and makes immediate repairs to prevent production down time. Participates in machinery trouble-shooting. Assembles and reassembles equipment; examines and tests mechanisms. Inspects and calibrates instrumentation. Tests equipment and adjusts calibration to ensure equipment is functioning is within specified standards. Interprets technical documents (prints, manuals) as required.
- Work from technical manuals, schematics, drawings, sketches, SOPs, written and verbal instructions
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair equipment, disassembling and reassembling of machinery, overhaul gearboxes, and replace bearings, bushings, etc.
- Performs Predictive/Preventive maintenance on processing lines, packaging lines and building facilities.
- Retrieve and close out PMs and work orders from CMMS system.
- Makes recommendations for PM adjustments and/or PM additions to equipment.
- Performs final system check out with full understanding of what the item does / is supposed to do.
- Effectively communicate issues and resolutions with operators and management
- Preform general building maintenance including Plumbing, painting, and roof repairs
- Adhere to all PGPI Food Safety and Quality policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity
- Adhere to all PGPI Safety policies and procedures including Lock-Out / Tag-Out, Confined Space, and Hazard Material Handling procedures, reporting any nonconformity
- Adhere to all GMP policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Suite products, and CMMS
- Ability to provide minimum mechanic tools to meet PGPI plant standards with lockable tool box
- Must be able to read, write and speak English, Spanish/bilingual a plus
- Position may require the exposure to various adverse conditions such as, heat, cold, noise, dust, fumes, dirt, and grease, and chemical substance.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to walk, stand, climb stairs and work at heights
- Experienced in at least two of the following welding applications: Arc, Tig, Mig, cutting/brazing
- Experienced in handling low to high voltage up to 480 VAC
- Set up and use of machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill press and milling machine to repair or fabricate parts
- Experience with PLC’s and Ladder Logic a plus
- Experienced in Process Controls a plus
- Diagnose and apply results using: Voltmeters, ammeters, IR and megger
- Position may require employee to work around and troubleshoot energized equipment
- Experience with HVAC or HVAC Certification a plus
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life (no waiting period)
- 401k retirement plan with a company match (no waiting period)
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account/Healthcare Savings Account
- Dependent Care Spending
- Voluntary Term Life and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Programs
- 18 days Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays