Maintenance MechanicWoodland, CA
Are you interested in working for a company that is innovative, a market leader and has a proven record of quality?
PGP International rice based product offerings range from flour and specialty flour blends, to a wide variety of extruded ingredients including plant proteins. We are a market leader in exporting specialty rice flour blends to the Pacific Rim, and a leading medium grain and glutinous rice flour and extruded ingredient manufacturer domestically. As part of ABF Ingredients, a division of Associated British Foods plc, we have the advantage of cooperative efforts with other ABF Ingredients companies and the ability to reach across the world to provide a broad spectrum of products for your specific needs. Let us know if we can be of any assistance in directing you to the key contacts within ABF Ingredients.
Performs a wide variety of mechanical maintenance and repair of production equipment and machinery using a variety of hand, gas and electrical powered tools. Engages in the welding and fabrication of parts as required. Responds to emergency calls and makes immediate repairs to prevent production down time. Participates in machinery trouble-shooting. Assembles and reassembles equipment; examines and tests mechanisms. Inspects and calibrates instrumentation. Tests equipment and adjusts calibration to ensure equipment is functioning is within specified standards. Interprets technical documents (prints, manuals) as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work from technical manuals, schematics, drawings, sketches, SOPs, written and verbal instructions
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair equipment, disassembling and reassembling of machinery, overhaul gearboxes, and replace bearings, bushings, etc.
- Performs Predictive/Preventive maintenance on processing lines, packaging lines and building facilities.
- Retrieve and close out PMs and work orders from CMMS system.
- Makes recommendations for PM adjustments and/or PM additions to equipment.
- Performs final system check out with full understanding of what the item does / is supposed to do.
- Effectively communicate issues and resolutions with operators and management
- Preform general building maintenance including Plumbing, painting, and roof repairs
- Adhere to all PGPI Food Safety and Quality policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity
- Adhere to all PGPI Safety policies and procedures including Lock-Out / Tag-Out, Confined Space, and Hazard Material Handling procedures, reporting any nonconformity
- Adhere to all GMP policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Suite products, and CMMS
- Ability to provide minimum mechanic tools to meet PGPI plant standards with lockable tool box
- Must be able to read, write and speak English, Spanish/bilingual a plus
- Position may require the exposure to various adverse conditions such as, heat, cold, noise, dust, fumes, dirt, and grease, and chemical substance.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to walk, stand, climb stairs and work at heights
- Experienced in at least two of the following welding applications: Arc, Tig, Mig, cutting/brazing
- Experienced in handling low to high voltage up to 480 VAC
- Set up and use of machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill press and milling machine to repair or fabricate parts
- Experience with PLC’s and Ladder Logic a plus
- Experienced in Process Controls a plus
- Diagnose and apply results using: Voltmeters, ammeters, IR and megger
- Position may require employee to work around and troubleshoot energized equipment
- Experience with HVAC or HVAC Certification a plus
For further information please contact: HR Manager, Beth Krodel at 530-631-5786 or [email protected].