Logistics/Warehousing ManagerWoodland, CA
We are seeking a highly motivated individual that will be responsible for directing the operations and supervision of the employees related to the inbound/outbound and warehousing of raw materials and finished goods such as receiving, storage, cycle counting, and distribution to manufacturing or preparation and transportation to customers and suppliers in a 24/7 facility. Determines space requirements for storage and schedules delivery and distribution of ingredients, packaging materials and products, to achieve supply chain objectives and meet customer requirements. May prepare and analyze inventory reports to identify incoming ingredient releases, stock levels, slow-moving and/or surplus stock. Ensures maintenance of equipment, and a safe and clean environment. Recommends changes in procedures to improve the operating efficiency of the supply chain process and champions a continuous improvement philosophy. This will be a limited term, 15-month position. The position may be extended or the candidate may apply to another open position when this position ends. This position is located in Woodland, CA.
- Promote safe work environment through adherence to OSHA and DOT regulations as well as PGPI’s Safety and GMP/food safety policies and standards. Conduct regular safety meetings.
- Manage the daily operational functions on all shifts, including planning the shipping/receiving flow, troubleshooting quality issues, handling staffing issues, monitoring customer orders and coordinating training to team members.
- Determine space requirements for storage, delivery schedules and distribution in order to ensure that deliveries are processed in a timely manner, achieve inbound receiving ingredients release objectives.
- Prepare and analyze inventory reports, reviews effectiveness of operating procedures and drives changes for improvements as needed.
- Interact with Purchasing, Scheduling, Production and Customer Service to ensure that customer orders are filled and delivered on-time.
- Manage storage strategy and production supply processes maintaining ingredient availability for production demands.
- Responsible for departmental budget and labor management to meet objectives.
- Participate in any audits, internal or external, as required by providing relevant information about warehousing processes, practices, or data.
- B.A. degree in Supply Chain, Production Operations Management, or related curriculum and/or experience required
- At least 6 years of directly related experience required in a Warehousing/Logistics, Distribution Center or Manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships across multiple functions
- Demonstrated working knowledge of supply chain logistics processes, including demand planning, distribution requirements, planning, inventory management and control, transportation and logistics planning, and warehousing
- Experience with an ERP and WMS system (SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, JD Edwards, etc.)
- Strong data management, reporting, and technical writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex business situations and problems, coordinate many complex activities/projects simultaneously and direct successful solutions
- Effective and timely verbal and written communications