Inside Sales RepresentativeWoodland, CA
How would you like to work in a metropolitan area with a small town feel?
PGP is nestled in the heart of Yolo County in beautiful northern California, to the West of the Sacramento River, 45 minutes from the amazing wine country in Napa Valley, 1.5 hours from beautiful Lake Tahoe to the east and San Francisco to the west. Just north of this area are multiple lakes and mountains, all attractive for outdoor activities.
PGP International (PGP), a leading manufacturer of high-quality food ingredients for nutritional food products is seeking an extraordinary individual to work out of our Woodland, CA facility. We specialize in high protein soy crisps, rice flours and blends, and gluten-free products for the Cereal, Energy and Nutritional Bar industry, both domestically and internationally.
Since its establishment as an ABF Ingredients Company in 2002, PGP has continually expanded and has experienced successful growth in recent years. PGP has been awarded Good Manufacturing Practices for Sport Registration from NSF International. Our commitment to quality and service is backed by an ongoing investment in equipment upgrades and enhanced quality assurance measures, including the implementation of the most stringent food safety procedures.
Find out more about our Certifications and Affiliations here!
The employee holding the Customer Service Representative position is responsible for assisting the sales team and all other internal departments to ensure orders are delivered on time and in full. This employee also assists sales managers with customer inquiries on pricing, samples, inventory status and invoice discrepancies. The ideal employee must have extensive multitasking and prioritization skills.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledgeable in PGPI sales processes, including product lines, policies & procedures, sales & marketing, production scheduling, and customer requirements.
- Ensure accurate order entry and confirmation of customer purchase orders (POs).
- Handle incoming emails/calls regarding general inquiries.
- Prepare sample requests for customers and/or sales managers.
- Follow-up with customers on order issues and communicate to customers appropriately regarding potential delays/shortages.
- Attend daily commitment meetings.
- Send documents to customers as requested (TDS, certificates)
- Responsible for viewing, distributing, and responding to issues, candidates, leads, and questions through the general inbox.
- Gather freight rates.
- Assist Accounting with new customer set up, and credit/debit note requests.
- Handle customer complaints and distribute with internal departments.
- Maintain contract and price quotes.
- Process credit card transactions.
- Follow-up Return Material Authorization (RMA) and/or credit to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide contract volumes to Sales Manager on a monthly basis.
- Assist with other tasks as appropriate, including, annual inventory, marketing activities, updating Dynamics with new price listings, continuous improvement projects.
- Familiarity with quality test, technical data sheets, and RCD documents.
- Little or no travel expected
Required Education and Experience
- Strong computer skills in Windows and Microsoft Office are a must.
- Knowledgeable in Customer Relationship Management software, or other sales/marketing tools.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Dynamics or similar ERP software.
- Ability to speak, write and read the English language.
- Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize a broad variety of daily tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or equivalent mix of education and experience.
- 2 years’ experience in customer facing interaction and/or sales experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration.
- 3 years’ experience in sales support role.
- 1 year experience using Microsoft Office Dynamics AX, or other ERP system.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please click here to apply.