Industrial ElectricianWoodland, CA
PGP International (PGP), a leading manufacturer of high-quality food ingredients for nutritional food products is seeking an extraordinary individual to work out of our Woodland, CA facility. We specialize in high protein soy crisps, rice flours and blends, and gluten-free products for the Cereal, Energy and Nutritional Bar industry, both domestically and internationally.
Since its establishment as an ABF Ingredients Company in 2002, PGP has continually expanded and has experienced successful growth in recent years. PGP has been awarded Good Manufacturing Practices for Sport Registration from NSF International. Our commitment to quality and service is backed by an ongoing investment in equipment upgrades and enhanced quality assurance measures, including the implementation of the most stringent food safety procedures.
The successful candidate will possess the core values of Safety, Integrity, Quality, Passion, Accountability, Innovation and be performance driven. Test, modify, repair, install and alter processing and facilities electrical systems, equipment and components. Respond to trouble calls throughout the processing area and entire facility. Make quick analysis of mechanical and electrical problems through proper troubleshooting techniques and use of various test equipment and schematics. Read and interpret blueprints to diagnose electrical problems to ensure needs are met.
- Installs, repairs and tests electrical systems on industrial equipment including PLC control systems, power distribution, lighting, fire and security alarms and telephone systems to NEC specifications.
- Work from technical manuals, schematics, drawings, sketches, SOPs, written and verbal instructions.
- Performs predictive maintenance on processing lines, packaging lines and building facilities.
- Retrieve and close out PMs and work orders from CMMS system.
- Makes recommendations for PM adjustments and/or PM additions to equipment.
- Performs final system check out with full understanding of what the item does / is supposed to do.
- Performs monitoring of ladder logic programs for troubleshooting, monitoring input/output modules, modifications for process improvements and in conjunction with our third party integrator, programming for new processes.
- Draft as built schematic drawings for future use, maintain equipment filing system, log and report work order calibrations.
- Effectively communicate issues and resolutions with operators and management.
- 5 years’ experience
- Efficient in sizing conductors, conduits and using NEC Code Bookas
- Experienced in handling low to high voltage up to 480 VAC
- Competent with programming of VFD’s
- Competent with troubleshooting PLC’s and Ladder Logic
- Experienced in Process Controls
- Diagnose and apply results using: Voltmeters, ammeters, IR and megger
- Familiar with current Arc Flash regulations
- Position may require employee to work around and troubleshoot energized equipment
- Adhere to all PGPI Food Safety and Quality policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity
- Adhere to all PGPI Safety policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity
- Adhere to all GMP policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Suite products, and CMMS
- Must be able to read, write and speak English, Spanish/bilingual a plus
- Position may require the exposure to various adverse conditions such as, heat, cold, noise, dust, fumes, dirt, and grease, and chemical substance.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to walk, stand, climb stairs and work at heights