Forklift OperatorWoodland, CA
PGP is nestled in the heart of Yolo County in beautiful northern California, to the West of the Sacramento River, 45 minutes from the amazing wine country in Napa Valley, 1.5 hours from beautiful Lake Tahoe to the east and San Francisco to the west. Just north of this area are multiple lakes and mountains, all attractive for outdoor activities.
PGP International (PGP), a leading manufacturer of high-quality food ingredients for nutritional food products is seeking an extraordinary individual to work out of our Woodland, CA facility. We specialize in high protein soy crisps, rice flours and blends, and gluten-free products for the Cereal, Energy and Nutritional Bar industry, both domestically and internationally.
Since its establishment as an ABF Ingredients Company in 2002, PGP has continually expanded and has experienced successful growth in recent years. PGP has been awarded Good Manufacturing Practices for Sport Registration from NSF International. Our commitment to quality and service is backed by an ongoing investment in equipment upgrades and enhanced quality assurance measures, including the implementation of the most stringent food safety procedures.
The logistic department has four basic Forklift tasks to fulfill for the PGP International company Receiving, Shipping, Put away, and staging all employees must be cross trained to do these jobs accurately and efficiently each every day.
Receiving: This job consists of an employee verifying what is on the trailer against what is on the BOL, labeling the product correctly, testing the product, filling out the proper receiving paper work, and then putting the product away in the proper place and then labeling that product appropriately.
Shipping: This job requires an employee to pull the correct lot and product for a customer, inspect the trailer they are loading to ensure it is food grade container load the trailer or container properly according to a specific loading pattern and make sure the product they are loading is clean and undamaged as they are loading the trailer.
Put away: The logistic department is responsible for all put away in the warehouse. Making sure ingredients and finished goods are put away correctly and undamaged and cleaning and repairing damaged products and ingredients daily. Logging location correctly on paper work.
Staging: The Logistic department is responsible for staging all ingredients for production and putting away all in unused ingredients and packaging back to the warehouse and filling out appropriate paperwork to transfer ingredients and packaging virtually.
- Forklift driving: Must be certified to drive a forklift and must have knowledge of using a forklift to load and unload containers and trailers daily
- Inspecting trucks: Required to inspect trucks that are delivering and shipping out to make sure they are food grade containers or trailers and fill out appropriate paperwork for the inspection
- Loading product and Unloading Product: Loads finished goods according to specific loading pattern and or truck driver request. Also must load correct product and lot number according to order and pick list. Must unload product and ensure correct product is being unloaded and label the product with correct signage. Must also ensure ingredients that need to be tested are tested and meet company specification and must put product or ingredient away in the proper place in the warehouse
- Warehousing: Products and ingredients daily have to be in there proper space in the warehouse and all damaged products must be removed and pallets restacked
- Staging all of the ingredients and packaging for the operation to run and putting away all unused material back to the warehouse and logging them all transaction on paperwork to be virtually transferred in SYSPRO
- Sanitation: In charge of 90% of the warehouse cleanliness must make sure perimeter line, dock doors, Domestic, International docks, stored ingredients and finished good area are kept clean and neat at all times in the warehouse along with outside docks as well
- Safety: Ensure that the PGP golden rules are always followed and never broken. To make sure that safety is always followed by everyone in plant and if not to immediately stop and correct and to notify supervisor
- High School Diploma
- Ability to lift over 50lbs
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to read, speak, and write English, Bi-Lingual is a plus(Spanish)
- Must be detailed oriented individual
- Must have great reasoning and analyzing skills
- Must Hot, cold, and dusty environment
- Two or more years of forklift Experience
- Forklift certification
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life (no waiting period)
- 401k retirement plan with a company match (no waiting period)
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account/Healthcare Savings Account
- Dependent Care Spending
- Voluntary Term Life and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Programs
- 18 days Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please click here to apply.