Extrusion/Mill PackerWoodland, CA
PGP is nestled in the heart of Yolo County in beautiful northern California, to the West of the Sacramento River, 45 minutes from the amazing wine country in Napa Valley, 1.5 hours from beautiful Lake Tahoe to the east and San Francisco to the west. Just north of this area are multiple lakes and mountains, all attractive for outdoor activities.
PGP International (PGP), a leading manufacturer of high-quality food ingredients for nutritional food products is seeking an extraordinary individual to work out of our Woodland, CA facility. We specialize in high protein soy crisps, rice flours and blends, and gluten-free products for the Cereal, Energy and Nutritional Bar industry, both domestically and internationally.
Since its establishment as an ABF Ingredients Company in 2002, PGP has continually expanded and has experienced successful growth in recent years. PGP has been awarded Good Manufacturing Practices for Sport Registration from NSF International. Our commitment to quality and service is backed by an ongoing investment in equipment upgrades and enhanced quality assurance measures, including the implementation of the most stringent food safety procedures.
We are seeking hardworking and motivated individuals to help us with our growing business demands. The extrusion packer is responsible for operation of all packaging equipment and packaging any product assigned in a manner that meets safety, environmental, food safety (Organic, Gluten Free (GFCO), Non-GMO, etc.) and quality program requirements.
- Shall be responsible and aware of their surroundings and activities to ensure that they perform their tasks safely and efficiently
- Maintains good housekeeping and safety practices. Perform sanitation and complete cleaning procedures as required by cleaning SOP’s
- Responsible for complying with all the safety aspects of this area
- The Packer shall be responsible for safety through leading by example on PGPI’s Golden safety rules Lock Out Tag Out, Confined Space, Fall Protection, Suspended Load, and Machine guarding and other safety initiatives
- The Packer shall be aware of environmental management through leading by example on PGPI’s Environmental Management Programs
- The Packer shall be responsible for food safety and quality monitoring finished product at all times
- Stack and palletize bags/boxes of product, up to 50 lbs
- Maintains and control necessary records of product and material
- Completes inventory control documentation clearly and accurately
- Responsible for filling out set up sheets required for that days production run
- Promptly notifies Cell Lead of any difficulties that may arise which would impair packaging functions, changes in product quality or efficiency of responsibility
- Responsible for overall quality of the packaged finished goods (i.e. ensure label information is correct and stencils are legible)
- Communicate well with team members, leads, other co-workers and supervisors
- Responsible for keeping the packaging area cleaned
- Must be able to stand over 5 hrs and continuously lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to walk, bend, climb, reach overhead, grip, hold and carry boxes of product or supplies
- Must be able to rotate to all shifts (days, swing, graveyard) every 4 weeks
- Must be available to work mandatory overtime, as needed
- Must be available to work 6-7 days a week, as needed
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English
- Must be able to use boom lifts, elevated to heights up to 25 feet, using fall protection
- Must be able to use walkie stacker
- Must be comfortable with a hot, cold, loud, and dusty environment
- Must be able to be cross-trained in the Mill Room department
- High school diploma, or other equivalent experience or education
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life (no waiting period)
- 401k retirement plan with a company match (no waiting period)
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account/Healthcare Savings Account
- Dependent Care Spending
- Voluntary Term Life and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Programs
- 18 days Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please click here to apply.