Extrusion LeadWoodland, CA
How would you like to work in a metropolitan area with a small town feel?
PGP is nestled in the heart of Yolo County in beautiful northern California, to the West of the Sacramento River, 45 minutes from the amazing wine country in Napa Valley, 1.5 hours from beautiful Lake Tahoe to the east and San Francisco to the west. Just north of this area are multiple lakes and mountains, all attractive for outdoor activities.
PGP International (PGP), a leading manufacturer of high-quality food ingredients for nutritional food products is seeking an extraordinary individual to work out of our Woodland, CA facility. We specialize in high protein soy crisps, rice flours and blends, and gluten-free products for the Cereal, Energy and Nutritional Bar industry, both domestically and internationally.
Since its establishment as an ABF Ingredients Company in 2002, PGP has continually expanded and has experienced successful growth in recent years. PGP has been awarded Good Manufacturing Practices for Sport Registration from NSF International. Our commitment to quality and service is backed by an ongoing investment in equipment upgrades and enhanced quality assurance measures, including the implementation of the most stringent food safety procedures.
Find out more about our Certifications and Affiliations here!
The Extruder Operations lead is primarily responsible for the planning and coordination of the extrusion packaging operations. The position is responsible for providing guidance and direction to the extrusion packaging team, additionally this position also performs supervisory duties when the immediate supervisor is not available.
- Comply with all employee safety guidelines including: Lock Out Tag Out, Confined space, Fall protection, Suspended loads and Machine guarding.
- Responsible for the overall quality and quality inspections of finished products including: density, color, appearance, labeling, etc.
- Promptly communicate with co-workers and supervisors with any issues which could affect packaging functions, changes in product quality or machine efficiency.
- Generate, maintain, and control process records including: quality checks, equipment set-up, inventory, etc.
- Ensure products are manufactured according to specification.
- Perform assigned tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Perform sanitation and complete cleaning procedures as outlined in SOPs.
- Responsible for the food safety and monitoring of quality parameters of products.
- Designate work for employees when needed.
- Perform duties in all areas when shorthanded.
- Fill out set up sheets required for daily production runs.
- Stack and palletize products according to specifications.
- Maintain and control necessary records of product and materials.
- Complete inventory control documentation clearly and accurately.
- Minimize change over times to increase equipment utilization.
- Strong work ethic, team player and positive attitude.
- Flexibility with work hours and be able to maintain good attendance.
- Be able to cross train in other operation areas and be able to train co-workers.
- Be able to lift bags/boxes up to 50 Lbs.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Solid understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Sanitation practices.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to work with different environmental conditions including: exposure to noise, heat, cold, working at heights, wet and slippery conditions, etc.
- Ability to speak, write, and read the English language. Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Attention to detail.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
Manufacturing environment with exposure to dust, noise, heat, cold, slippery and wet conditions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position working up to 12 hours per day, 6-7 days per week.
- Rotating shifts.
- Weekend and holiday work.
Required Education and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education and Experience
Food industry experience, Manufacturing environment
Additional Eligibility Qualifications or Certifications
Experience with operating forklift, pallet jack, boom lift, scissor lift a plus.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life (no waiting period)
- 401k retirement plan with a company match (no waiting period)
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account/Healthcare Savings Account
- Dependent Care Spending
- Voluntary Term Life and AD&D
- Employee Assistance Programs
- 18 days Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please click here to apply.