Continuous Improvement (CI) ManagerWoodland, CA
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who will be responsible for directing the Continuous Improvement activities throughout the PGPI Woodland Facility including Manufacturing, Maintenance, Sanitation and Warehousing functions. As the CI Manager, you will generate the energy and enthusiasm, and provide the necessary support and direction, to drive cost reduction, product quality improvements, downtime reduction, improvements in tooling and equipment design, etc – all while giving top priority to the health and safety of employees and the care of the environment. You will champion the change management process and will drive results through a collaborative, engaging and hands-on approach.
This position will report to the Woodland Site Manager and will be located in Woodland, CA.
- Safety: Promote a safe work environment at all times through the adherence to, and improvement of, all PGPI’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures as well as to all relevant CalOSHA regulations
- Food Safety & Quality: Promote exceptional food safety and product quality standards at all times through the adherence to, and improvement of, GMP and food safety and quality policies and standards.
- Process Control: Lead the development and introduction of improved data capture capabilities and the utilization of the data to improve equipment Process Control.
- CI Techniques: Identify, develop and introduce CI techniques, such as Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and others (for example, DMAIC, Gage R&R, SMED, SPC, 6-Sigma) to drive meaningful process improvements. Train others to utilize the techniques effectively and mentor/coach users to promote sustained cultural change.
- KPI’s: Lead an initiative to upgrade operational performance KPIs (for example OEE, Complaints, Rework, Yields, Throughput, etc) and identify opportunities for improvement. Analyze variances, help to identify root causes and develop/implement corrective actions which achieve sustained improvement.
- Process Standardization: Identify, conduct, and complete process standardization optimizations using value-stream mapping and detailed process control analysis. Implement improvement plans to achieve significant and sustainable improvements in efficiencies, product quality and product consistency – resulting in cost reduction.
- Capex Projects: Work closely with the Site Management and Group Engineering Teams to identify, design and implement Capital Projects – heading-up relevant projects as appropriate.
- Maintenance/PPM: Work closely with the Site Maintenance Team to improve operational performance through the effective use of PPM and other improvement tools.
- Culture: Act as the site ‘champion’ of continuous improvement, constantly promoting the concepts of CI and challenging team members to seek improvement (in the right way!). Identify, present (and implement as appropriate) any improvement initiative which would result in improved safety, quality and/or cost reduction.
- BS Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering - or related qualification/degree
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in a Food Manufacturing environment.
- Experience of using CI techniques, such as Lean Manufacturing, Toyota Production System, Operational Excellence, Continuous Improvement Systems, is required.
- Experience in Project Management including project development, implementation, and review.
- Proven leader with the ability to successfully lead and motivate a cross-functional group of technical and operations personnel to solve problems and improve processes.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships across multiple functions
- Strong data management, reporting, and technical writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex business situations and problems, coordinate many complex activities/projects simultaneously and direct successful solutions.
- Excellent communication, presentation, motivational, coaching, and organizational skills.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English is essential for this role. Bilingual in English/Spanish would be advantageous.