Batch MakerWoodland, CA
How would you like to work in a metropolitan area with a small town feel?
PGP is nestled in the heart of Yolo County in beautiful northern California, to the West of the Sacramento River, 45 minutes from the amazing wine country in Napa Valley, 1.5 hours from beautiful Lake Tahoe to the east and San Francisco to the west. Just north of this area are multiple lakes and mountains, all attractive for outdoor activities.
PGP International (PGP), a leading manufacturer of high-quality food ingredients for nutritional food products is seeking an extraordinary individual to work out of our Woodland, CA facility. We specialize in high protein soy crisps, rice flours and blends, and gluten-free products for the Cereal, Energy and Nutritional Bar industry, both domestically and internationally.
Since its establishment as an ABF Ingredients Company in 2002, PGP has continually expanded and has experienced successful growth in recent years. PGP has been awarded Good Manufacturing Practices for Sport Registration from NSF International. Our commitment to quality and service is backed by an ongoing investment in equipment upgrades and enhanced quality assurance measures, including the implementation of the most stringent food safety procedures.
Find out more about our Certifications and Affiliations here!
The batch maker ensures adequate batch available to keep Extruders running to scheduled case counts. Batch Makers are responsible for mixing all ingredients, following the instruction of the formulation and specifications necessary to run the Extrusion products.
This position is located in our Woodland, CA facility. This person reports to the Shift Production Manager. This position is temporary to hire basis.
- Insure adequate batch available to keep Extruders running to scheduled case counts
- Pull ingredients from pick area and use oldest ingredients first
- Keep accurate inventory records and have good communication with inventory control supervisor
- Return unused ingredients at the end of the run to the staging area
- At the end of shift blending operators must empty all feed bins, garbage bins, sort out broken pallets and bail all card board
- Blender operators are required to work over time as needed by his/her supervisor with short notice. Insure all equipment is handled and operated properly
- Maintains compliance with company rules within his/her jurisdiction. Comply with all safety policies including lock out – tag out
- Promptly relay information to team lead and supervisor regarding shift accomplishments, problems or suggestions for improvement
- Must have positive attitude to build team moral
- Team player; must rotate to other assignments during the day, i.e. forklift driver, sweeping and general cleaning throughout the shift
- Must follow sanitation procedures when cleaning Extruders
- Dismantle transitions during shutdowns for sanitation
- Maintains good housekeeping and safety practices. Perform sanitation and complete cleaning procedures as required by cleaning Sop’s
- Ability to use a touch screen computer/tablet
- Basic math skills - calculations
- Experience with advanced power tools
- Forklift and Man Lift experience
- Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) experience
- Experience with confined space entry
- Read and write English
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and stand for multiple hours at a time
- Ability to rotate all shifts (Day, Swing & Graveyard) every 4 weeks
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please click here to apply.